A splendidly gentle and fluffy almond flour cake is sweetened with honey and flavored with vanilla. It’s nice with or with out frosting!
Nut flour truffles are sometimes dense and heavy, however this one is gentle and fluffy. It’s scrumptious, and why wouldn’t or not it’s, with all that nutty goodness and honey sweetness! 🍰
Despite containing only a 1/2 cup of honey, this almond flour cake is delightfully candy – however not overly so. So it’s completely acceptable (I believe…) to sometimes have it for breakfast.
The elements you’ll want
You’ll solely want a number of easy elements to make this tasty cake. The precise measurements are included within the recipe card beneath. Here’s an summary of what you’ll want:
Butter: For greasing the pan.
Eggs: I take advantage of massive eggs in most of my recipes, this one included.
Honey: Either the actual factor or a sugar-free substitute (urged product hyperlink included within the recipe card beneath). The cake’s crumb will likely be noticeably darker if you happen to use actual honey.
Vanilla extract: Try to make use of the real thing – pure vanilla extract – and never the artificially flavored stuff.
Almond flour: I take advantage of blanched finely floor almond flour. I don’t suggest utilizing a rough almond meal on this recipe.
Salt: Just somewhat to reinforce the opposite flavors.
Baking soda: If you’d wish to attempt utilizing baking powder (although I haven’t examined it on this recipe), do not forget that 1/Four teaspoon of baking soda is equal to 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
How to make almond flour cake
It’s simple! Scroll right down to the recipe card for the detailed directions. Here are the essential steps:
1. In a big bowl, calmly whisk the eggs. One by one, regularly whisk within the honey, vanilla, almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
2. Use a spatula to switch the batter right into a greased 8-inch nonstick cake pan.
3. Bake the cake in an oven preheated to 350°F till a toothpick inserted in its heart comes out clear, 22-25 minutes.
4. Cool the cake for 10 minutes within the pan, then invert it onto a cooling rack and funky it for 20 extra minutes earlier than slicing and serving. If you want to frost the cake, you’ll want to chill it utterly earlier than frosting it.
Is it tough to bake with almond flour?
Not in any respect! I actually get pleasure from working with this flour. It could be very simple to bake with, and the baked items it produces are flavorful, with a pleasant tender crumb.
I used to think about gluten-free baked items as one thing dry that you just needed to choke down. But once you get the ratios proper, this isn’t the case in any respect. And this glorious almond flour cake is a major instance. These almond flour biscuits are one other nice instance.
What about leftovers?
I maintain unfrosted leftovers in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I heat them very briefly within the microwave (10 seconds per slice) earlier than having fun with them. You may freeze slices of this cake for as much as three months.
Ideas for topping almond flour cake
I like easy unfrosted truffles that may be served as a breakfast cake or a snack cake. But if you happen to’d wish to high this cake, listed here are a number of concepts for you:
Variations on the essential recipe
In addition to topping this almond flour cake, you may also add varied elements to the batter to make fascinating variatons:
- The zest of a lemon or an orange will actually elevate this cake. Add a few tablespoon, and ensure you solely grate the outer peel, not the bitter white layer.
- If you want cinnamon, attempt including a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter.
- If you’d like to make use of a granulated sweetener, you’ll in all probability want so as to add a liquid to the cake (milk, coconut milk, and even simply water). I haven’t tried it so I’m unsure how a lot.
More cake recipes that you just may get pleasure from
Never miss a recipe!
I usually publish a brand new recipe a couple of times per week. Want the brand new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Almond Flour Cake
A light-weight and fluffy almond flour cake that proves as soon as and for all that nut primarily based baked items needn’t be heavy or dry.
Servings: 8 slices
- ½ tablespoon butter for pan
- 4 massive eggs
- ½ cup honey actual or sugar-free*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blanched finely floor almond flour (6 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Generously grease an 8-inch nonstick cake pan with smooth butter.
In a big bowl, calmly whisk the eggs. One by one, regularly whisk within the honey, vanilla, almond flour, kosher salt and baking soda.
Use a spatula to switch the batter into the ready pan.
Bake till aromatic and set and a toothpick inserted in heart comes out clear, 22-25 minutes.
Cool the cake, within the pan on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes. Then invert it onto the cooling rack and funky for 20 extra minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
Almond Flour Cake
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.