Beef lovers, you’ll love this fast Colombian Carne en Bistec steak dish cooked with onions, tomatoes and cumin. The onions and tomatoes create a flavorful sauce which is fantastic served over rice.
Carne en Bistec – Colombian Steak
Serve this with an egg on prime and it’s referred to as Bistec a Caballo. My Mom is Colombian, and made this dish on a regular basis once I was a child, it was one in all my favorites! A couple of different Latin recipes I like, Carne Machacada (Cubes Steak with Peppers and Onions) Carne Guisada and Garlic-Lime Marinated Pork Chops.
If I needed to describe Latin delicacies in a single phrase it might be taste and luxury. My family and friends love once I cook dinner a few of the Latin dishes I grew up consuming, for me these dishes are my consolation meals. Picadillo, Sancocho, Pollo Guisado are all dishes that really feel like residence to me.
You’ll discover variations of this recipe in numerous South and Central American international locations and areas. Some finely chop the tomatoes and onions, some use scallions instead of onions which can be scrumptious. As a child I used to push the onions away, however now I simply love them. For me, the egg on prime is a should however it’s completely non-obligatory.
- Have all of your components prepped earlier than you begin cooking.
- The steaks must be sliced very skinny so that they cook dinner quick.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or sauteed veggies to make it low-carb.
- Sirloin tip aspect steak or London broil is a good possibility, it’s additional lean steak with little or no marbling. This lower normally must be marinated or lower very skinny in order that it gained’t be robust. Here is a good reference I prefer to seek advice from typically for the 29 lean cuts of beef. If your funds permits, purchase grass fed beef which is decrease in saturated fats and ldl cholesterol, and better in omega-Three fatty acids, that are thought of heart-healthy.
Colombian Carne Bistec – Colombian Steak with Onions and Tomatoes
Beef lovers, you may love this fast Colombian Carne en Bistec steak dish cooked with onions, tomatoes and cumin.
- 1-1/2 lbs sirloin tip steak, sliced very skinny
- kosher salt to style
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon cumin
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced skinny or chopped
- 1 very giant tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, sliced skinny or chopped
- cooked rice and fried eggs, non-obligatory for serving
Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and garlic powder.
Heat a big frying pan till VERY HOT.
Add 2 tsp of oil then half of the steak and cook dinner lower than a minute on either side till browned.
Set steak apart, add one other teaspoon of oil and cook dinner remaining steak. Set apart.
Reduce warmth to medium, add one other teaspoon of oil and add the onions.
Cook 2 minutes, till mushy then add the tomatoes.
Season with extra salt, to style, about 1/Four to half teaspoon. Add black pepper and cumin and cut back warmth to medium-low.
Add 1/Four cup of water and simmer a couple of minutes to create a sauce, add extra water if wanted and style regulate seasoning as wanted.
Return the steak to the pan together with the drippings, mix nicely and take away from warmth.
Serve over rice or veggie rice for a low carb possibility with a sunny-side up egg on prime.
Serving: 4ozsteak with sauce+ onions tomatoes, Calories: 188kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 25.2g, Fat: 7.2g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 49mg, Fiber: 0.7g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 4
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 4
Keywords: Carne Bistec, colombian steak, spanish steak recipes, steak and tomatoes, steak with tomatoes and onions