Kick off the 4th of July weekend with this festive Red, White and Blueberry Fruit Salad packed juicy watermelon, crisp apples and delicious berries all tossed together in a honey-citrus dressing!
There’s nothing like diving into a crisp, cold bowl of fruit on a hot summer day and this festive red, white and blueberry fruit salad makes the PERFECT addition to your 4th of July, Memorial Day or Labor Day holiday! Not only will this make a fun showstopping centerpiece on your table, but it’s absolutely delicious and only takes about 5 minutes to make! A big fruit salad also just goes hand-in-hand with summer food and makes a great side dish whether you’re grilling out, having a picnic or simply sipping wine on your back deck with a good cheeseboard (yup this one is perfect for this holiday!)
To make this fun and add a little extra something, I used these super cute star-shaped cookie cutters to cut out different sized stars with the fruit which your kids will love doing with you too! (These star-shaped cutters arrived NEXT DAY too so you’ll definitely have them in time for the 4th!)
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Apples (honey crisp apples are my FAVORITE, but any apples will work)
- Lime juice, orange juice + honey – this will make your dressing and fresh squeezed citrus is always best!
- Fresh mint – this is optional, but tastes delicious and looks great tossed together!
Other red, white and blue fruits you could add in are blackberries, pineapple, bananas, red grapes, or even cherries!
HOW TO MAKE THIS FESTIVE FRUIT SALAD
This is honestly the easiest thing you’ll make this holiday and only requires you to cut up some fruit, toss it all together in a bowl and mix in some citrus! The most time-consuming part is cutting the fruit into stars, but even that doesn’t take too long and your kids will have so much fun helping you! You should have this whole dish made in about 5 minutes too, which is perfect if your invited to a holiday BBQ last minute and need something quick to make 😉
First wash your berries, cut up the strawberries, then slice your watermelon and apples into 1/2-inch slices. Using these star-shaped cutters, make a bunch of different sized stars out of the watermelon and sliced apples and toss all the fruit together. You can either serve your fruit salad as is or drizzle a delicious honey-citrus dressing for even more flavor, this is completely up to you! Personally I love the taste of fresh fruit without anything added to it, but there’s just something about this sweet and citrusy combo that elevates this entire salad! The citrus is also great for keeping the apples from browning too much which is a plus!
OTHER PATRIOTIC RECIPES TO TRY
This festive fruit salad is light, fresh and JUICY and really makes the perfect snack or side dish on a hot summer day. You can easily throw this whole dish together in just 5 minutes using only a few ingredients. Hope you all enjoy and have a happy and safe holiday!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 3 cups watermelon, sliced and cut into stars
- 2 cups apples, sliced and cut into stars
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint (12 oz) fresh blueberries
- 1 pint (12 oz) fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, thinly sliced (optional)
For the honey-citrus dressing:
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- In a large bowl, toss together chopped fruit and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice and orange juice and drizzle over the fruit, mixing well to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint (if desired), serve immediately or refrigerate. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 1.8 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.